LETTERING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
IT TAKES A LITTLE PATIENCE AND MINIMAL SKILL,
IF YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS PRECISELY,
YOU SHOULD EASILY HAVE SUCCESSFUL RESULTS.
Caution: The adhesive used on these decals is very strong
and meant for permanent installation. Once the decal has
been applied it cannot be removed without destroying it.
1. Soap and water solution
2. A stiff squeegee or straight edge
Clean the surface thoroughly using alcohol or glass cleaner
to remove all traces of wax or dirt. Mix a mild solution of liquid
dish soap and water. A few drops in a small bowl of water will
be sufficient. (This measurement is not critical.)
1. Thoroughly wet the surface where the decal is to be applied
using the soap and water solution with a sponge or spray bottle.
2. Carefully remove the backing paper from the decal. Take
care to be sure the decal does not fold over on itself, tear,
or touch any other surfaces. A sharp object such as an exacto
knife will aid in lifting the decal.
Caution: Before completing step 3, ensure the surface AND the decal
is thoroughly wet. If the dry decal touches a dry surface, it cannot be
repositioned or removed.
3. Gently place the decal over the wet surface in the desired
position. The wet surface allows you to reposition the decal if
needed. Do not press on the decal at this time.
4. Allow the decal to dry partially, normally 10 to 15 minutes
(it may take longer depending on weather conditions).
5. Once you are satisfied with the placement and the decal
has partially dried, hold the decal and use the squeegee
to press the decal into place, squeezing out any remaining
liquid. Be careful not to let the decal move during this step.
6. Once there is no remaining bubbles, allow the decal to dry
If you need further assistance, please feel free to email.
Care and Maintenance:
1. Although the decal is now permanent, it requires several days
to completely set up. Avoid scrubbing the area around the
decal for at least 5 days. Do not use a pressure washer,
automatic car wash, or wax during this time. (After the decal
has set up, it is safe to use waxes and automatic car washes).
2. When washing the decal, do not use scrapers or scrubbing pads
on the vinyl. Use caution when scraping ice or snow off of the
area around the decal.
3. Regular auto washing detergents should not harm the vinyl. Avoid
using petroleum based products such as kerosene, gasoline,
of bug and tar removers.